Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What happened, Tuesday?

I know, I know.  I was supposed to blog yesterday.

I didn't.  Shame on me!  I don't actually know what happened yesterday.  The day just flew by and before I knew it, it was bedtime.  Or rather, I passed out from sheer exhaustion.  Guess that energy I was so excited to get back isn't going to be coming around any time soon!

So yesterdays Summer Blog Challenge Prompt was...

What does your significant other do that melts you?

Ya got a minute?

I have been blessed, truly blessed, with my husband.  Now I know that most women will say that but I can tell you that Jon is one of the most amazing people I've ever met.  He's probably reading this with some surprise considering how much I've been moping around lately.

Baby blues, mkay.

But truth be told, there is not one single thing he does that melts me.  It's just him.  He has this insane ability to say the right thing all the time.  When I'm down, he knows exactly how to pick me up.  When I'm exhausted, he's the one who will sit me down and talk me into relaxing.  When I idly chat about some product or book I'm interested in, he finds a way to get in my hands.

But more importantly, Jon loves me for me.  Despite my nagging.  Despite my constant cranky face lately.  He just loves me.  Through and through, no matter what.  He taught me that true love does indeed exist and that the fairy tale romances are nothing compared to the real thing.  I cannot imagine my life without him.

Even when I'm being a crab apple.

That was an easy one.  Whatcha got for me today, Summer Blog Challenge?

What's the best gift you've ever received?

Oh, I could totally make this the most mushy post evah and write about how many wonderful gifts Jon's given me.  iPads, sewing machines, glass jellyfish...

Hey, I like jellyfish.

But instead, I'm going to share a little piece of Erin with you.  I'm going to share my long standing favorite gift of all time.


Pardon the crappy cell pic. I, of course, just realized I never charged my camera battery.

Meet Mr. Bunny.

This cranky curmudgeon of a rabbit was a gift for me when I was three years old. I still remember the excitement of getting him from my mom.  And, of course, we were instantly best friends.

Fast forward 23 years and he's still one of my favorite possessions.  He currently resides in my room and has retired from his life of entertaining children.  After all, I put him through enough...



Pretty sure this pic proves that.

And so you know, Mr. Bunny didn't always look cranky.  He developed that somewhere along the way.  I must have been rough on him as a kid.

So Thanks, Mom, for giving me the best gift ever.

Until next time, Happy Wednesday!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Aw, this is so sweet! I had a long-time lovey - My Jamie Pie doll. It somehow went missing when I moved in with my ex-husband. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Sweets! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...