Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Blog Challenge. Poetry.

I'd say I'm sorry for the lack of posting but you knew it was bound to happen.  Life with a newborn is busy.  Recovering from the worlds most painful c section doesn't really allow much free time either.

Okay, the c section wasn't that painful.  But these stupid dissolving staples are NOT fun.  Seriously, any time I twist or turn I feel like I'm getting stung by a wasp.

No fun.

Either way, things are starting to calm down around.  Baby Man is finally getting himself on a bit of a schedule.  Actually, I'm just learning to work with the schedule he came with!  I've jumped back into the routine with my household and things are going well.  So now I'm going to attempt to do the right thing and get back into my blog.

I miss my blog.

So I'm really behind on the Summer Blog Challenge.  I'm awful.  Hopefully I can get all caught up this week.  I'd really like to.

Today's prompt is a fun one!

Share a poem you've written or one you just like.

Yay!  I love poetry.  Robert Browning, Lord Byron... Ah, yes.

But the poem I want to share with you is one that just... gets me.  One that puts a smile on my face nearly every time I read it.  Today, ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to share with you a poem more lovely than anything you've ever heard before.

Today, I'd like to share...

Please Don't Kill My Antelope
     
Please don't kill my antelope
He hasn't bothered you.
he hasn't kicked you in the shin
Or spit inside your shoe.
He hasn't bitten off your nose
Or stomped on your rear end
Please don't kill my antelope,
my antelope's my friend.

Yes.  I know.  Lovelier words have never been spoken.  But in case that wasn't quite what you were looking for, here's a personal favorite.

She Walks In Beauty by Lord Byron
She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!
I just love that.
I think that was a perfect way to start the week.
Well, that and a silly alligator joke.

Hehe. I'm a nerd.
Until next time, Happy Monday!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Lord Byron was the Justin Bieber of his day. I love that thought... the young girls squealing at his appearance... such a romantic, wasn't he?

    I am curious who wrote about the antelope!

    Sorry to read about your difficult staple-situation. I never had a cesarian but my heart still hurts for your discomfort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the antelope one... and the alligator joke. And the Byron is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...