Saturday, June 16, 2012

I'm a little green, okay?

Okay.  I'm going to admit it.  One of the things I am most looking forward to with a new baby is cloth diapering.  I know, I know.  That sounds ridiculous.  But if you read my 6 Things Sunday Baby post, you noticed that prefolds were number two on my list of baby obsessions.

I originally decided to look into full time cloth diapering when I was about 5 months along.  Of course, I was thinking more along the lines of it being a money saver but the more I researched, the more it became clear to me that cloth diapering is so much more than a way to be economical.  What really sold me is knowing how much better cloth is for delicate baby skin.

So I explored my options.  And goodness knows there are a million.  All in ones, all in twos, fitted, pockets,  prefolds, flats... It can seem a little overwhelming when you start to research.  But I got through it and built my stash.


So there's my newborn stash.  Yep.  I'm starting with cloth right away.

Here's what I ended up with.


  • 24 Indian Cotton Newborn prefolds. I decided to stock up on prefolds mainly because of their versatility.  It doesn't hurt that I already knew how to use them.  Lol.  
  • 9 Prorap Newborn Diaper Covers.  Do you actually need 9?  No.  I bought 9 because I scored an awesome deal.  Yay for seconds!
  • 5 Hemp Diaper Liners.  I've never used these before but they come highly recommended for night time absorbency.  If there's one thing I want, it's night time absorbancy.
  • 7 Newborn Fitteds.  These were totally unnecessary.  But they were so darn cute, I had to buy them. 
  • 3 Fleece Soakers.  For night time wear.  I'd never heard of fleece soakers before.  They're essentially just soft diaper covers.  Apparently, they're amazing and since they're so affordable, why not?
  • 30-something cloth wipes
  • 1 Large Wet Bag
So that seems like a lot of diapers.  But when you have a little one going every 2ish hours... yeah.  The more the better.  At least, that's how it seems to me.  We'll see how it goes once little man comes home.  I'll be updating about my journey through cloth diapering too... Since I can't be the only one who wants to know what works and what doesn't.

By the way, have you ever seen such a cute diaper?


Oh, Goodmama Diapers... You're bad for my wallet but so so cute.  

So day 16 of the Summer Blog Challenge makes me a bit sad.  It's all about fitness. And exercise is NOT my strong point.

Fitness Guru or Couch Potato?  What are your exercise habits?

I would love to say I'm one of those super moms who goes running marathons.  But truth be told, I am way out of shape.  At least right now.  I can barely climb the stairs.  This may have something to do with the HUGE belly I've been sporting.

However, I do like to maintain an active lifestyle.  When I'm not uncomfortably pregnant.  I'm not big on the gym but I love love love going for walks.  And racing around with my boys.  

Who needs the gym with two boys? LOL.

Maybe after I get the okay from my dr I'll set some crazy fitness goals for myself.  Or not.  I can't think of a single that sounds less fun than working out right now. 

Maybe one of you could help me find the perfect program to get me off my butt after this baby is born!

Until next time, Happy Saturday!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I was so surprised by how tired and weak my pregnancy and post-preg. body was. It took about 6 months to feel like I had some normal level of strength back. so worth it, though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...