Sunday, August 19, 2012

6 Things Sunday. Snack time

Remember how I promised to devote three whole Sundays to Back to School?

I actually meant it.  For real.

It's Sunday #2 and I have a list that cannot be beat (I hope...) After School Snacks.

Seriously.  The after school snacks are nearly as important as the supplies.  Learning makes a youngster hungry!  So here you go.

6 After School Snacks That Will Make the Children Sing Your Praises



1. Carrot Patches (From Family Fun)
This makes me squeal.  I love this.  So so much.  It's just adorable.  Baby carrots stuck in hummus make this awesome little snack.  Curled parsley in the top of the carrot adds to the whimsy of it.  The little terra cotta pot is optional... but seriously... you should use it.




2. Mini Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Cups (From My Bride Story)
Okay, so I saw this and couldn't help but think this would be perfect for that fall day when your child not only comes home but brings a hoard of famished friends with him.  Grill some sandwiches and heat some tomato soup and woolah!  An awesome fall snack.




3. Veggie Boats (From OhHappyDay.com)
Amazing.  What little one wouldn't want this?  Half a veggie, filled with some tasty treat (I'm thinking hummus...) and a cheese sail.  Or in the little boats case, slivers of cucumber.  Healthy AND cute!




4. Fruit Bug Snacks (From Snack Picks)
I wanted to call these fruit flies... but I guess that makes them sound gross.  I don't think I even need to explain this one.



5. Kabobs (From The Children's Corner)
Nothing will make an ordinary sandwich more fun than putting it on a stick.



6. Safari Dip (From Michigan Mommas)
Peanut butter and honey fill the celery, while an animal cracker creature stand atop and feasts on bits of apple.  I know a few little boys who would L.O.V.E. this.

So there you go.  6 awesome snacks that will leave your kids happy and you feeling like super mom.  With very little effort, mind you!

Don't forget to check out my Copy Kids giveaway going on now!  Maybe you can sneak some veggies into those snack!

Until next time, Happy Sunday!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...