Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Finding the Goodmama Love.

Silence.  That's all I'm hearing this morning.  The husband is back to work and both of the older boys are still fast asleep.

What's up with that?  The first morning in a few weeks that Jon and I have to be up super early, the kids sleep in.  Not fair.  They're normally up at the crack of dawn.

Oh well.  At least I now have a moment to share with you something I'm very excited about.  My review of Goodmama Newborn Fitted Cloth Diapers.

For the past three weeks, I've been cloth diapering my newbie. As you may remember, I mentioned that prefolds would probably be my go to diaper for Little Man.  However, I've found myself reaching for this stack of lovelies quite often.


These are the Goodmama Newborn Diapers I was never meant to have.  It's true.  When I made the decision to cloth diaper, I never thought I'd be interested in finding cute diapers for my kiddo to wear.  I mean, c'mon... they're diapers.  We all know what's going on in them. So when I saw a picture of a Goodmama diaper, I kind of laughed.  Especially when I saw the price of a one size.  It wasn't until a few months after that moment that I got my hands on a newborn Goodmama.

Goodmama Newborns are amazingly squishy.  That's seriously the only way to describe them.  As soon as I opened my Goodmama up, I couldn't help but squeeze and squish it.  This may have something to do with the NINE layers of fabric each diaper is made of.

Not kidding.  Nine layers.

The outer is a designer print, the core is either bamboo or cotton fleece and the lining is a silky smooth bamboo or cotton velour.  Then there are the soakers.  Goodmama Newborns have two.  And each soaker is 2 layers of cotton or bamboo fleece and a layer of cotton of bamboo velour.

Why so many layers?  Aside from making the most soft, squishy diaper imaginable, these diapers are insanely absorbent.  No kidding.  My heavy wetter newborn can wear his COVERLESS for quite some time before I notice dampness on the outside.  And in case you didn't know, going coverless is awesome.  Not just because it's one less thing to put on the baby but because it allows airflow that is just wonderful for baby skin.


The adjust-ability of the diaper is another reason these diapers are awesome.  The other feature that I love is the snap down front to accommodate the umbilical cord.  Love it, love it, love it.

 
As if that wasn't enough to make Goodmama Newborns a hit, these diapers are remarkably cute.  I mean, seriously.  Have you ever seen a diaper so cute?

(Okay, I might be a little biased.  After all, that is my Little Man's cloth diaper booty.  But I'm not kidding. Just check out my cloth diaper Pinterest Board to see some of the adorable options that Goodmama offers.)

There's only ONE downside to the Goodmama diapers that I have found.  The price tag.  Newborn diapers will run you about $30 a piece and One Size are around $40.  For some this isn't a big negative.  For thrifty Erin, I nearly had a heart attack. LOL.  That's not to say these diapers aren't well worth the price.  They really are.

Want to get in on the Goodmama Love?  Head over to theGoodmama.com to see some of these amazing diapers for yourself.  And don't be too surprised if you end up hooked.



Okay, I've rambled for a while now but I'm still going.  Cause it's Day 40 of the Summer Blog Challenge!

What is the hardest challenge you've been faced with?

Breaking the cycle of self doubt.  Finding confidence.  Learning to be myself.  Embracing the me that God made me to be.  The toughest challenge I've ever faced is me.  I spent a long time trying to fit it, trying to fit the mold and failing.  Miserably.  After years of this, I finally said "What the heck... Trying to fit the mold isn't getting me anywhere anyway."

So here I am today, embracing and ENJOYING the offbeat, kind of nerdy person that I truly am.

Happy Tuesday!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY want to try a Goodmama and see what all the hype is about and why they are worth so much money. I'm not showing my husband the price before I order a few for this new baby due in February...lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...