So I was on Pinterest last week and came across this pin.
|Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour|
I don't know about you but there's nothing that makes me happier than a good meal that's still delicious the next day.
With that sort of praise, I had to try it. $10 and 45 minutes gave me this...
Uuuuh, my point and shoot doesn't take amazing pictures. And this still look pretty darn tasty to me.
Side note: I need casserole dishes. This glorious meal was made in a foil lined 13x9. (And I had to make one foil wall shorter since the recipe is NOT for a 13x9.) Shame, shame, shame.
This not enough to tempt you?
And it's even on my favorite red plate. You know that means I loved it, right?
Okay, so we loved this casserole. So much that BOTH of my picky little boys cleaned their plates and asked for more. Jon cleared his plate and got more. And then ended up way too full. Pretty sure that means he enjoyed it. As for me? Well, I'm just wondering if I can get away with making some I don't have to share...
That sort of result doesn't give away the simplicity of this recipe. Frozen onions and peppers, frozen meatballs, a sliced baguette, spaghetti sauce and lots of mozzarella cheese are all you need to make this impressive dish. Oh, and 10 minutes of prep time. The rest of the 45 minutes I mentioned is just bake time!
Easy. (Perhaps Busy Mom Meal worthy?)
So you need to make this. Like, right now. Because it's amazing. Head over to Pearls, Handcuffs and Happy Hour for the full recipe!
It's that time again! Time for the Summer Blog Challenge.
If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
Let's ask Jon...
- Buy a house near the woods. This house must include a stream. A craft room for both of us. And a maid.
- Start a ceramics business. Make it appealing to the masses.
That's it. Seriously. Jon gave me two things. This is after telling me he'd get professional financial advice and wanting to know the exact amount of the lottery winnings.
Jon's so responsible. Good thing since this is my list...
- Buy a house! By the woods! With an underground movie theater.
- Build an enormous craft studio. No boys allowed.
- Visit Peru
- Invest in more yarn!
- Buy a Silhouette Cameo. That's on my brain lately.
- Learn to fly a plane.
- Build a barn near my new house.
- Fill said barn with appropriate animals.
- I'd like chickens and goats, please.
- Take the kids to LegoLand!
- Maybe Disney World too...
- Install a pool.
- Get swimming lessons so I can enjoy the new pool.
- All new clothes!
- For EVERYONE!!!!
- Cotton. Candy. Maker. I don't really know why.
- Hire someone to dust.
- Hire someone to make me sushi on demand.
I think I made an assumption... Limitless money. lol.
Until next time, Happy Friday!