There is not much time before I put everything on hold to welcome the newest little member into the world and our family. In fact, there are only 24 days left. Not that I'm counting or anything.
I keep complaining about how much the time is dragging. Which is weird for me. I'm normally so patient!
(Somewhere, my mom is laughing hysterically at the notion that her daughter is "patient." Okay, Mom. I'll be honest...)
So patience isn't my strong point. At all. I'm already thinking of ways to make myself go into labor before my section date. Yeah. I'm a bad girl like that. But when you're carrying around this much extra weight, you kinda can't help it.
Anyway, I'm making a list. A list of things I'd like to do before Little Man makes his big debut. And I think (aka I know) I'm going to share it with you.
- Rewrite my shop info. This is especially important since I plan on taking some time off of Sugar Crumbs etsy shop once the baby is here.
- "Camp" in the back yard with the boys. And by camp, I mean stay up late, roast marshmallows and play with flashlights before we all pass out from exhaustion.
- Reorganize the laundry room. I figure with the amount of laundry I'll be doing, I might as well make the laundry area pretty.
- Have a special date night with the husband. Because we all know how much alone time parents of newborns get.
- Clean the van. I have two boys. It needs cleaned before I add a third to the mix.
- Spend some quality time with my mama. After all, once the new grandbaby is here, the attention is going to be on him. LOL!
- Go see What to Expect When You're Expecting. The movie doesn't look the best. But I'm expecting. It's seems necessary.
- Take Sir Yanks A Lot on a long walk. And I am, of course, referring to the dog. Who won't be getting many walks from me this summer.
- Research summer camps. Because the boys are finally old enough to enjoy them!
- Destash some yarn. I can't believe I'm saying this. But I have too many skeins of yarn that I am NEVER going to use.
- Freeze meals. I've never really done this before. And I don't really need to now. Between my family and Jon's family, we have plenty of people ready to help however they can... But I kind of like the idea of freezing food to help with the work load after baby is born.
- Read. I'd like to read as much as possible between now and then. I've worked through tons of books in the past few weeks. It's be nice just grabbing them at the library too. I'm getting tons of exposure to authors and genres I've never been interested in. And now I'm finding interest!
- Start the Summer Reading Program with the boys. One of my favorite things is reading to my kiddos. So this is just the perfect program for us to get involved in. Especially since I wont be able to rough and tumble with them for part of the summer.
- Go to church. I miss church. A lot. My energy level just isn't where it needs to be on Sunday mornings but that's really no excuse. I'm really going to make an effort to be there at least once before baby arrives.
- Go to a farmers market. With a DIY market bag. I don't even need a reason for this one. It's just an awesome idea.
- Write down a list of things I'll miss about being pregnant. This is my last. I want to remember it.
- Write down a list of things I won't miss about being pregnant. For the same reason as above.
- Crochet baby booties. This is ridiculous. It'll be June and HOT when the baby is born. But I don't care. Again, last baby. I'm going to enjoy it.
- Make strawberry pie with my boys. Just because I love them. And pie.
- Hang some family photos. We need more pics up around the house. However, Jon and I are ridiculous. We'd much rather start horrible projects than figure out how to hang pictures. lol.
- Paint the hall. I started it weeks ago. Pretty sure I should finish it. Like yesterday.
- Take that walk Jon and I have been talking about for about 3 months now. Maybe I won't collapse from exhaustion from it.
- Get a pedicure. I can barely reach my feet. And I plan on living in flip flops this summer. I NEED a pedicure.
- Get my hair done. This is one of those shallow wants. I want to highlight the mess out of my hair. So that it looks less... well, like it does now. lol.
24 things! I wonder if doing one a day will help pass the time? Did I miss something? If you had 24 days, what would you do?
Let me know! And until next time, Happy Thursday!