Monday, May 28, 2012

"Mama, I've got your back."

I wasn't planning on blogging today.  After all, I'm prepping for tomorrows much anticipated tutorial.  But during a break, I came across a blog post that I feel compelled to share.

As many of you may know, one of my big "things" is mom hate.  I have a really tough time handling moms hating on other moms.  It doesn't matter what a mother does, there is someone out there talking about her or criticizing her.  And more often than not, moms are doing what they think is best.

For example, I've had 2 c sections.  The first was an emergency, the second was highly recommended due to the state my previous incision site.  And despite those reasons, I still to this day have people make remarks that I "took the easy way out."

I formula fed my oldest and was told I was depriving my son of vital nutrients. I breastfed my youngest and had people tell me I was raising a "too dependent child."

See, it doesn't matter what moms do.  There is always someone there to make sure to let you know you are doing wrong.

This just does not sit well with me.  Mothering is a tough job.  It doesn't matter who you are or how much experience you have... Being a parent is one of the most difficult jobs you can take on.  Rewarding, yes.  But a challenge.  And having tons of people condemn you for trying to make the right choice does NOT help.

So when I came across a post on HerBabySteps.com addressing this issue, I was immediately interested. The blogger at HerBabySteps recalls a situation when a well meaning friend spent time judging another mom and realizing how awful she would feel if she were the mom under fire.  She goes on to make a pact that she will be supportive and non judgmental with other moms.



It's a tough thing to try to do but so worthwhile.  So I'd like to commit to that as well.




So Mamas... I am joining this pact.  I have your back.  Regardless of how you feed your child or what you put your child to sleep in.  I'm always happy to share advice and opinions when asked but I will never condemn you for doing something that doesn't fall in line with my beliefs.  I'll be supportive in any way that I can. Regardless of my personal opinions.

After all, we all have one very major thing that connects us. We love our children.  And that, my fellow caring mothers, is the most important thing to remember.

Until next time, Happy Memorial Day.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...