Monday, April 2, 2012

Pinterest Pick of the Week! Wreaths!

Hola!

So guess who's in her third trimester?  Yep.  And let me tell you, it's definitely hit me hard.  At what point does pregnancy become a beautiful thing? Lol, okay... feeling baby kicks and decorating the nursery has been wonderful but this fatigue!  It's kicking my behind!

The one perk of the fatigue is that I've gotten to spend an ample amount of time browsing Pinterest.  And you know what been super popular lately?

Wreaths.

I love wreaths.  Not enough to go out and buy a premade one, but enough to attempt to make one.  The problem is that not only do I love wreaths but apparently I have a thing for tacky and gaudy decor as well.

Take this "beauty" from Halloween a few years ago.


Uuugh.  What was I thinking?  I think I saw a pink feather wreath somewhere and decided that a black feather wreath with a ridiculous red bird was just weird enough to be classified as a Halloween wreath. Or something.  Yikes.  I'm still embarrassed that this was on the door the first time my husband picked me up for a date. *facepalm*

Luckily, my tastes have changed quite a bit and Pinterest is around to inspire me.

I mean, just look at these gorgeous wreaths all on Pinterest!




Love. Love. Love. So bright! So Cheery!  After seeing these, I was inspired to take down my yarn wreath from fall (yikes.) and replace it with something more spring like.  But because I am Erin, after all, it had to have something with feathers.

(Okay, maybe my taste hasn't changed that much.)

And so, my spring wreath was born.


Ah, much better.  Even against the pumpkin colored door.  And it only took me maaaaaaybe 30 minutes since it's just strips of white fabric wrapped and glued around around a wreath form and a few spring floral department items attached to that.


I'm thinking this wreath will be up till, oh I don't know... Christmas?  Lol.  Actually, it shouldn't!  I already have a million and ten ideas for a summer wreath.  Lets just see if I actually execute any of those.

So tell me!  Have you DIYed a wreath?  Or are you thinking about putting one together?  I'd love to hear about it!  (Especially if you've successfully pulled off the feather wreath, ha!)

Happy April, folks and don't forget to follow me on Pinterest to see whats keeping my Pinterest!

*snort, chuckle*  Pinterest Humor.






Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...