Thursday, April 5, 2012

Busy Mom Meal, Take 2! Barbecue Chicken.

The sun is out!  After several days of grey, the sun finally starting showing itself yesterday.  And apparently, it's here to stay for a while.

Days like this always make me think of summer.  Iced tea, lemonade, watermelons, water balloon fights and barbecue chicken.

Okay, mostly barbecue chicken.

(I'm pregnant.  I can't help that my mind gravitates towards food!)

I just looooooove barbecue chicken.  But these days, I'm just too lazy busy to spend all that time making normal barbecue chicken.  This "busyness" doesn't prevent me from enjoying my favorite summer time food, though!



Oh, delicious barbecue chicken.  You make my mouth water just looking at you.

Okay, so this amazing meal took me about 5 minutes to prepare.  The kids devoured it, my husband loved it and anyone that step foot in my house couldn't help but comment on how delicious my home smelled.

5 minutes of prep time for the kind of reaction can't be beat.

(Someone, somewhere is saying "Sure it can! Make it 4 minutes.")

How did I do it?  I cheated.  With my crock pot.

All I did was dump a package of boneless, skinless thighs in my crock pot, add a bottle of barbecue sauce and turned it on low for 8 hours.  Perfect "make in the morning" meal.  My new favorite thing to do?  Wrap corn on the cob in foil and pop it in the slow cooker with the chicken about 2 hours before it's done.

Now, I like to use boneless, skinless chicken for one reason.  After being cooked for soooo long, it's gets so tender that it shreds very easily.  And makes for the most awesome next day lunch ever.  Shred it and put it on a kaiser roll and try it.  Delicious. I guarantee you won't be able to stop at one.

Or maybe you will.  I could be the only one who could live on bbq chicken sandwiches.



But seriously.  Who wouldn't love to live off of that?




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...