Thursday, March 1, 2012

DIY Day! (Guess what I've been up to?)

I promised myself a while ago that just because I'm pregnant does NOT mean I have to blow this blog up with all baby items.  I don't have to share with you every single baby craft I work on or baby item I think I need.

But I don't think one time is really "blowing up the blog."  Yep.  I can't resist sharing.

(Don't worry, Jon... No diapers. Today.)

If you know me at all, you know that I'm pretty much hooked on all things attachment parenting.  Like carriers. I love love LOVE baby carriers. I'd own a dozen of nearly every style if I had the funds.

There's my problem with baby carriers.  They aren't cheap.  Don't get me wrong, they're well worth the money put into them.  I mean, you can use them for 3 years per child (or more, depending on weight) and as long as you treat your carrier nicely, resale value stays pretty high.

But like I've said before, I'm too much of a cheapskate crafter to spend tons of money on... well, nearly anything.  Even if it looks like this.


Gorgeous, right?  But it's $55. For something I'd be afraid to get baby drool on.  (But don't let my thought deter you! The sling is gorgeous. Someone else buy it before I break down and do it.  It's available at Child of Privilege, a well reputed etsy shop!)

So I decided to make one.  Wouldn't be the first time but for some reason I was stuck on what I wanted it to look like.

Until I came across this.


Oh, Hobby Lobby.  You are a danger to my wallet.  I loved this fabric as soon as I saw it.  And ended up buying half a yard for $3.  And as soon as I brought it home, I knew exactly what I was going to do.  A few days later, this little gem was brought to life.


Ah, bliss.  Am I allowed to tell you how thrilled I am with the outcome of this one?  It looks even better on but you're not getting a pic of my pregnant self wearing this anytime soon. However, once Belly Baby makes his debut, expect a million!

You;d think I'd stop there. Buuuut no.  I decided to throw together a quick woven wrap.


5.5 yards of unbleached cotton osnaburg, hemmed and braided to broken in.  All it needs now is to be dyed.  


Of course,  I do love this color....

So that's what I've been up to.  Making carriers and planning new ones while I daydream about a Didymos Silver Waves.


That's a pretty carrier.

Happy March 1st, people! :)

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...