Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Already June? Where did May go?

So, I've recently had the awesome pleasure of visiting Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA. I won't lie... when I first thought of making the long trip there, to a garden, I was not enthused. I mean, I appreciate plants and flowers and all that but enough to make that kind of drive and pay $18 to get in?

Puh-lease.

Luckily, I had a reason to go and excellent company for the drive. Upon arriving, I wasn't all that impressed. That soon changed. Within minutes, I was discovering many of the gardens most beautiful spots. And amazingly, there are little hidden treasures all through out the 350 acres of garden.

Yes. 350 acres.




Beautiful. But let's face it... What are you really looking for in a garden?

Flowers.

Longwood did not disappoint. Between the 4 acre conservatory and the gorgeous rose gardens, beauty was abundant.



Whether or not you're a floral fan, you cannot leave Longwood Gardens without a deep desire to cultivate your own lovely little garden. Unfortunately for me, I was born with a dead thumb.

No, seriously. I have plants. I love them. They do not feel the same about me... I'm the only person in the world who can over water and under water in the span of a few days. I'd show you, but I'm too embarrassed.

So what's a girl to do when she wants to bring a little bit of that spring time flower feelin' into her kinda sorta drabby bedroom?

Bust out some craft supplies, suffer a few minor burns from a hot glue gun and Ta-DA!!!!



I have to admit. I'm pretty pleased with the ease and simplicity of this project. And luckily, I had all supplies on hand... 2 canvases, some paint, hot glue... and for the flowers?



Yep. Just a few cardboard toilet paper and paper towel tubes.

45 minutes, $8 in supplies with some awesome new wall art? I'm thinking "Score!!!!"

Yay for being a cheapskate DIYer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...