Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Ok, there were no lions. Or tigers, for that matter. Bears are another story, though.

So yesterday I decided to take a stroll through a local park. It was early evening, so the weather was mild and even the critters of the forest decided to come out and enjoy the woodsy trails of the park. I greeted squirrels and chipmunks, birds and bugs... But I never expected to stumble upon Milton.




Milton was just lounging against a tree when I walked by. Naturally, I was a little afraid, with him being a bear and all. However, his mischievous smile urged me to ask him to join me on my walk. He did look rather lonely.



Our first stop was at the swing set. Milton was very excited as he had never been allowed to swing before. He expressed with some sorrow that most people saw him and were too afraid ask him to play on the swings with them.

"It's terribly hard to tell a nice bear from a mean bear!" he explained to me.




After we finished at the swing set, we continued our walk. Milton wanted to see the ducks but the walking quickly made him tired. So we stopped and he hitched a ride in my bag till we made it to the pond.




Once we arrived at the pond, Milton was a little nervous about leaning over the edge of the railing.

"Will you please hold my paw?" he asked. Soon he was eagerly peering out over the water.





But bears will be bears and Milty was no exception. As soon as he saw a tree nearby, he was determined to climb to the top and pick the very best leaf.




It took a few different tries and a few different trees, but Milton's persistence was proven worthwhile as he proudly showed off his special leaf.



It was soon after that that I noticed Milty's yawning. I knew that the time had come for us to part ways though neither of us really wanted to.

"Goodnight!" said the little bear, as he headed back into the forest. "Come play again!"

Oh, what a lovely evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...